Thursday, May 7, 2009


Certainly not easy

Grief for a mother will have its days-

sometimes long after the rituals are over and

condolence cards have stopped coming in the mail.

Whenever I am convinced that grief is “done”

Bang! It’s back! As if there is an

invisible bungee cord that pulls me back to my grief.

There is—memory.

It’s Mother’s Day in heaven, and I miss my mother. I wonder if she knows?

How do we face a day set aside for mothers when the woman who brought us into this world has been taken from this world? If you ask those who have already been down this road, they will tell you that it is a very lonely time. For each of you that will be glowing with smiles, shopping for your mother, and taking her out to your favorite restaurant, there will be those of us whose heart is aching as we remember the last moments spent with our mothers. 

Mother's Day certainly isn't easy. It stirs up the "emptiness" we feel inside. We can't change death, but we can certainly cherish the memories.

2 comments:

  1. **hugssssss**
    **tight tightt HUGS**
    you have brought tears to my eyes with this post baby.
    you beautiful person needs to know that I will try my best to be there for you,like a mum,though its impossible to replace a mother ever, I just have this plea that don't feel alone. she is still with you, in soul, I am confident.
    Embrace this occasion sweets, embrace it nonetheless. (:
    I
    Love
    You!!!
    **hugs**tears**

    ReplyDelete
  2. emotional blogs............i m not promising u but i am always dere for you my friend it's not u call sympathy ,it's a commitment............and u r a STRONG PERSON

    love u aunty........

    ReplyDelete